Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Is today Tuesday?

Wow - could the week go any slower? 

I went to a crop 5 hours late this past Sunday. It was hosted by a bubbly girl named Amanda (also a CTMH rep) whom I met at Kristina's crop. I would have been "less late" had my manbeast given me proper directions...no wait, I would have been "less late" had I NOT LISTENED to my manbeast give me crap directions and just gone the way I knew.
Regardless, I attended, met another new friend (Kristina said I would ;) and have now joined a "card exchange"...at least I think I have joined. Not entirely sure if I will forge ahead with it or perhaps start a group of our own. 
I also got quick directions to make an "easel" card and got to see a few of the girls buzzing away with creativity. 
I didn't take my crop bag in as there were only a couple hours left of the crop - but lesson learned. Next time, go on time, go the way you know - or bring my GPS!!

Last night, the girlkid was over while the manchild went to his "guys wing night" and she and I watched numerous YouTube card tutorials and got down to business. She made her first tri-fold card while I made my first easel card. 
We then made the "real deal" after mastering the card instructions on our crap cardstock. She has a bit to go...lots of detail. I got tired and took the lazy approach but did finish. 
I always love making cards - quick gratification, but somehow feel betrayal to my scrapbooks. That could only make sense to another papercrafting geek I'm sure. However, I'm committing myself to try to get at least 3 layouts done per month during the fall and winter months. I think that's a fair way of attempting to get caught up while easing the "empty nest" syndrome that I am already starting to ache with.

I'm thinking perhaps I should issue a challenge to other scrappers/cardmakers...that would be one way to get motivated.
Gonna think on that one tonight and get back to you...unless of course you'd like to issue a challenge to me...and then I say...bring it!!

Is it STILL Tuesday?? OMG.



No comments:

Post a Comment